Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Geocaching

Well, I am not sure if I have the right idea about this, I was thinking if you had a reading group you could have different finishing points and where you finished would define which book you read that month. It would be an opportunity to introduce people to books they may never have picked up to read. Of course you would have to have the funds and the staff to put this into practice but it could make for an interesting way to discover new authors. Maybe it could be a holiday activity for the young adults whom we sometimes over look in those holiday programs, lets be honest anytime a teen is not inside with a game controller in their hand is worth the effort.

6 comments:

  1. Iam almost up to geocaching the end is in sight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enthusiasm is definitely waning. Hopefully I'll finish in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, and anything to get the teens out and about away from the screen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geocaching sounds a bit weird to me and like you I am not sure if I have the right idea either. It sounds a bit like a car rally to me. People driving around looking for the mysterious cache??? I guess it could be appealing to teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit the nail on the head dana, it is like a hi-tech version of a car rally except the clues are gps positions, I loved car rallies as a teenager

    ReplyDelete
  6. The car rally comparison is apt - which while fun I can't quite convince myselt it's for the library. For the musuem with historic location - definately !

    ReplyDelete